Truth and transparency are essential to sustain the civil process of electing those who would govern and rule over us. Voters now have more tools and resources than ever to better research the facts that provide visibility on the values, character and competencies of candidates.
The below links will acquaint you with some of those publicly-available resources, using research on Judge Edna Staudt’s Republican primary opponent as a case study. This will enable you to perform your own comparison of the values and backgrounds of the candidates:
- his website endorsements are primarily from outside Precinct 2 and outside Williamson County. Most endorsers listed will not be impacted by the consequences of the outcome of the election which they are attempting to influence.
- The first person listed is Darrell Apffel, a long-time Democrat in Galveston County.
- Others in or close to Williamson County include:
- Round Rock Attorney, Ryan Willett – there is a Ryan Thomas Willett residing in Precinct 1 who is an attorney in Round Rock. Voter Registration records show him voting in the past 3 Democrat Presidential primaries
- Cedar Park, Celeste Havis – the most recent Voter Registration list does not show this individual to be registered to vote
- Round Rock, Dallas Osborn – address listed is in Precinct 4
- Liberty Hill, Fred and Lisa Fierro – the most recent Williamson County Voter Registration database shows no listing for a Fred or Lisa Fierro
- Pflugerville, Wendy Russom – Travis County Voter Registration database shows Ms. Russom as having voted in just one election.
- he is an avid gambler
- photocopied/handwritten letters (see below) from several of his supporters from outside the county are being sent to voters in Williamson County Precinct 2; all the return addresses on the envelopes show the same P.O. Box 3594, Cedar Park, the same mailing address listed on Mr. Tucker’s Campaign Finance Reports (you might want to hang on to those letters and the envelopes in which they came if you are one who wants to see candidates abide by the law…especially judicial candidates)
- the letters do not include the mandated campaign finance disclosure. Missing is the required statement “Paid political advertising” and disclosure of who paid for the photocopies, printing, or stamps.
- according to the most recent campaign finance reports he has filed, ~40% of his donors are from out of state, and all but two reside outside Williamson County. See itemized listing below.
- according to Williamson County Court records, a divorce decree was issued in April, 2015 for Bronson and Wendy Ruth Tucker.
- the author of “Dead Sea Games” included a “Bronson and Wendy Tucker” in his special thanks for their support in helping make the novel possible. ***WARNING*** extremely graphic, violent, sinister, among other things. I recommend reading only the Acknowledgments page.
- according to Williamson County Voter Registration records, another voter by the name of Amy Parker shares his physical address. There is also an Amy Parker listed as an endorser on his website.
- he is an attorney. Nothing necessarily wrong with being an attorney. However, the office of Justice of the Peace in Texas was created to be a court of the people, by the people, for the people without requiring formal legal training. Accomplished attorney’s typically aspire to offices other than Justice of the Peace.
- according to property tax records, Tucker has owned a house in Williamson County since 2012
Following are images of items referenced in the above bullet points:
Tucker’s Campaign Donors
|1/18/2018||Josh Kumarek (Komarek)||3806 Pine Lake Ct||Owensboro||KY||42303||$50|
|11/14/2017||Tom Seiter||705 W Granger||Broken Arrow||OK||74012||$250|
|1/3/2018||Renee Hall||209 N Geary Ave||OKC||OK||73104||$100|
|1/12/2018||Carolyn Wade||1923 NW 20||OKC||OK||73106||$50|
|12/30/2017||Mike Taylor||6704 Edgewater||OKC||OK||73116||$500|
|12/30/2017||Roy and Charlotte Maughn (?)||1604 SW 40th||OKC||OK||73119||$500|
|9/7/2017||Brian Maughan||1521 SW 40||OKC||OK||73119||$500|
|12/30/2017||Barbara Chishko||357 Ranchwood Manor||OKC||OK||73139||$100|
|12/30/2017||Dustin Hester||11316 Cedar Hollow Rd||OKC||OK||73162||$100|
|1/3/2018||Casey Ross||13225 EastValley Rd||OKC||OK||73170||$100|
|1/12/2018||Daniel Dawson||3245 River Walk Dr||Nashville||TN||37214||$100|
|11/27/2017||Ben Logan||PO Box 111917||Nashville||TN||37222||$150|
|12/31/2017||Robert Danel||3820B Ridglea Dr||Austin||TX||78731||$100|
|1/20/2018||Dottie McDonald||6111-B Shadow Valley Dr||Austin||TX||78731||$100|
|11/14/2017||Kerry O’Brien||8017 Ladera Verde Dr||Austin||TX||78739||$50|
|12/22/2017||Kerry O’Brien||8017 Ladera Verde Dr||Austin||TX||78739||$200|
|11/28/2017||JC Casarez||7001 S. Congress||Austin||TX||78745||$100|
|12/16/2017||Craig Holmes||PO Box 29598||Austin||TX||78755||$100|
|12/31/2017||Jessica Foreman||11119 Alterra Pkwy #2466||Austin||TX||78758||$100|
|12/23/2017||Robin Wellmann||200 McNeese||Brenham||TX||77833||$100|
|12/28/2017||Ransome Tucker||4402 Spanish Gold Ln||Cedar Park||TX||78613||$500|
|11/9/2017||Bay Haught||8844 Whiddon Rd||Chappell Hill||TX||77426||$100|
|11/38/2017||Bay Haught||8844 Whiddon Rd||Chappell Hill||TX||77426||$200|
|11/13/2017||Calvin Gray or Grant?||2117 Cambridge||Corsicana||TX||75110||$100|
|12/17/2017||Mike Peevy, Sr.||18040 Midway Rd #150||Dallas||TX||75287||$100|
|12/20/2017||Clark Turner||1104 Buckingham Dr||Forney||TX||75126||$100|
|1/20/2018||Marilyn Parker||2826 Dove Meadow Dr||Garland||TX||75043||$250|
|11/28/2017||Lisa Lively||111 W. Crews||Hamilton||TX||76531||$100|
|12/20/2017||Kitty Nelson||112 W Vienna Dr||Hutto||TX||78634||$250|
|11/28/2017||Ross Wells||1700 Redbud, Ste 300(?)||McKinney||TX||75069||$250|
|1/19/2018||Nikki Ashley||PO BOX 1221||Mineral Wells||TX||76068||$40|
|11/28/2017||Dallas Osborn(?)||3 Bluff View||Round Rock||TX||78664||$200|
|1/31/2018||Rocky Hollingsworth||2229 SW 113th Pl||Oklahoma City||OK||73170||$100|
|2/7/2018||Tom Seiter||705 W Granger||Broken Arrow||OK||74012||$100|
|2/21/2018||Jeremy Bryant||423 NE 21||Newcastle||OK||73065||$100|
|2/12/2018||Mack Dawson||2705 Crownspoint Dr||Austin||TX||78748||$100|
|2/11/2018||Aaron Williams||PO Box 2||Wolfe City||TX||74960||$400|
|2/13/2018||E. Jeffrey Wentworth||PO Box 6274||San Antonio||TX||78209||$250|
All above information was extracted from publicly available sources. It is public for a reason. Voters have a right to know who from outside Precinct 2 is attempting to influence an election, especially a local election. This might especially help those who have been asking, “Why are so many people from outside our Precinct, outside Williamson County, and even outside of Texas so interested in this local election?”
Transparency: My family and I are long time friends of Judge Edna Staudt and her late-husband. We are volunteering on her re-election campaign for Justice of the Peace, Precinct 2.
Copyright © 2018 Don Stroud