Leander homeowners and taxpayers have much at stake in this election to choose the next holder of their purse. A mayor’s fiscal responsibility and leadership, or lack thereof, can create serious obligations against the financial resources and future earnings of residents for years to come.
What can be known from public information about how candidates have managed their personal finances?
- April 28, 2009 Texas Secretary of State Hope Andrade issued an Involutary Dissolution of a business name, Tega Properties, LLC for which Mr. Hill was the original registered agent.
- a query of the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) returned no record of Mr. Hill ever having filed bankruptcy
- January 29, 2016 Texas Secretary of State Carlos Cascos forfeited a charter, certificate or registration of a taxable entity, Global Vista Strategies, LLC for which Mr. Villarreal was the registered agent.
- a query of the Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) returned a number of documents pertaining to Mr. Villarreal’s bankruptcy filing, including:
- his September 23, 2010 Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filing, Case No. 10-12687-cag, showing unsecured liabilities totaling over $96,000 to 16 different credit card accounts, and over $129,000 in taxpayer-backed, Sallie Mae student loan debt
- November 8, 2010 Statement of Presumed Abuse (of federal bankruptcy laws) under 11 U.S.C. § 707(b)
- Note: Mr. Villarreal writes and teaches about “…essential ethical management theories, cases and understandings for students and professional alike.”
Copyright © 2018 Don Stroud